Q3: I've got my Google Checkout account. How do I set up my Americart to work with Google Checkout
A3: We use the Google Level 2 Integration, the most secure and robust method Google offers.
Setup at Google:
1) Login to your Google Checkout Account: https://checkout.google.com/. (If you don't have a Google Checkout Account, you need to sign up for one!)
2) Select the "Settings" Tab.
3) Find and click the "Integration" link on the left.
4) Under "Account information", find the "Google merchant ID" Field. You will need to copy/paste this into your Americart Settings (see below)
5) Under "Account information", find the "Google merchant key" Field. You will need to copy/paste this into your Americart Settings (see below)
6) Find the "API callback URL" textbox, and enter the following: https://www.cartserver.com/google (if using the
upgraded version of our shopping cart,
please set this URL to https://www.cartserver.com/google/process_google_v1-5.cgi instead.)
IMPORTANT: Failure to set the API Callback URL will cause a failure in finished orders registering back through the cart.
7) Click "Save".
Setup at Americart:
1) In a separate window, load the Americart account
2) Click "Edit Cart Settings" under the "Administration" menu to call up
your present account settings.
3) Click on the "Payment Options" tab, then scroll down and check the checkbox for "By GoogleCheckout Online".
4) In the text box to the right of the checkbox in #3 above, enter
your "Google Merchant ID" (from Google setup step 4 above).
Be careful to make it match EXACTLY between Americart and Google.
5) In the next text box, enter your "Google Merchant Key" (from Google setup step 5 above), which must also match
EXACTLY with your Google Key. In the future, if you change your Google Key, be sure to update your Americart configuration as well.
6) Scroll to the bottom of the page and submit the form to commit the changes.
[back to top]